How to make white chocolate? Help!

Ruth Kennison
@ruth-kennison
10/26/15 04:07:25PM
3 posts

Hello,

I have wanted to try my hand at making white chocolate. I am going to purchase cocoa butter (not press myself) and I am hoping to attempt a vegan white chocolate with coconut sugar. But I'm not sure where to begin. Any great information out there about how to proceed? Thanks so much.

Gap
@gap
10/26/15 05:04:48PM
182 posts

Here's a good place to start

http://chocolatealchemy.com/white-chocolate/

mda@umgdirectresponse.com
@michael-arnovitz
10/27/15 03:24:54AM
59 posts

I've never made vegan white chocolate, but obviously the key issue would be the need to swap out the milk powder with a vegan ingredient. From what I understand soy powder is the usual choice. The taste would not be equivalent, but this is often the case with vegan foods. You'll have to experiment to get something you like.

As for the sweetner, I'm not sure why you are planning on using coconut sugar. If you are doing it to avoid the bone char issue you can accomplish that by simply going with organic sugar, since certified organic sugar cannot be filtered through bone char. Also, I'm guessing that organic sugar is less expensive than coconut sugar as well as easier to find.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores