Dosing pumps & DIY options

Daniel Haran
@daniel-haran
02/08/16 03:42:06PM
49 posts

The main reason I was considering a full-automatic tempering machine was to have a dosing pump. I then found Hilliard makes one that which costs significantly less, though still around USD$5,000.

Researching various pumps it seems that peristaltic pumps could be a very affordable way to hack it together. There are even a few people 3D printing pump heads through which you could put a food-grade hose.

Are there other cheap options I should be considering? Has anyone gone the DIY route and have advice to share?

Daniel Haran
@daniel-haran
02/08/16 06:09:10PM
49 posts

Ah, thank you! For some reason this didn't show up in my search results.

Lyndon
@lyndon
02/09/16 07:50:34AM
16 posts

What information did you find about peristaltic pumps? I was hoping to find/buy a cheap one but no luck. Is printing one the best way to go?

Daniel Haran
@daniel-haran
02/09/16 11:56:07AM
49 posts

I found a model for about $350 at simplypumps - it's hard navigating the different models online and they seemed the most approachable for beginners. I've had a 3D printer but don't like the look of the material and I'd also need to buy a motor; I prefer having something that should be resellable.

Potomac Chocolate
@ben-rasmussen
02/09/16 03:11:07PM
191 posts

Which one did you go with? Can you provide a link?

Jeremy Rushane
@jeremy-rushane
02/10/16 01:20:06AM
20 posts

Sounds like a fun project!!!!  Let us know what system you come up with...

Daniel Haran
@daniel-haran
02/10/16 11:19:15AM
49 posts

Potomac Chocolate: Which one did you go with? Can you provide a link?

As soon as I build the other stuff, I intend to get the  PM600 .

Daniel Haran
@daniel-haran
02/10/16 11:22:35AM
49 posts

Other stuff meaning: a heated container and a vibrating machine. Yesterday I realized putting chocolate in moulds isn't the actual bottleneck just yet. I spend a good chunk of time manually removing bubbles and feel the need to work faster because chocolate is starting to crystallize.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores