Transport material cocoa nibs

DutchCocoa
@guusb
03/16/16 04:21:58AM
6 posts

Hello Everyboby! 

I have a questions about importing cocoa nibs to Europe. I want to import unroasted cocoa nibs from Asia to proces to chocolate in Europe. Does anyone know in what kind of material best to transport cocoa nibs so that it will not effect the quality? 

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
03/16/16 10:00:07AM
36 posts

Hello Guusb, why not start with dried beans instead of nibs?

DutchCocoa
@guusb
03/16/16 10:15:00AM
6 posts

Hello Ning-geng-ong, Thank you very much for your reply. My first idea was to import beans but there are some benefits when working with nibs such as higher fat content of the nibs, shorter roast period. Plus  I save some money from not buying a crusher and winnowing machine. 

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
03/16/16 01:26:25PM
36 posts

I see where you are coming from but I don't exactly understand the statement about nibs having higher fat content.

DutchCocoa
@guusb
03/17/16 06:24:13AM
6 posts

It is about the roasting of the nibs in there shell. I have read that when roasting the cocoa beans, the shell takes up a part of the fat that is released during heating. 

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
03/17/16 08:19:38AM
36 posts

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!
I imagine a sealed plastic bag in a carton box should satisfy your nib transportation.
Just like when transporting almonds and other seeds or nuts.

GuBa:

It is about the roasting of the nibs in there shell. I have read that when roasting the cocoa beans, the shell takes up a part of the fat that is released during heating. 

updated by @ning-geng-ong: 03/17/16 08:20:09AM
Sebastian
@sebastian
03/17/16 06:22:02PM
754 posts

GuBa:

It does not.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores