Transport material cocoa nibs

DutchCocoa
@guusb
03/16/16 02:21:58
6 posts

Hello Everyboby! 

I have a questions about importing cocoa nibs to Europe. I want to import unroasted cocoa nibs from Asia to proces to chocolate in Europe. Does anyone know in what kind of material best to transport cocoa nibs so that it will not effect the quality? 

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
03/16/16 08:00:07
36 posts

Hello Guusb, why not start with dried beans instead of nibs?

DutchCocoa
@guusb
03/16/16 08:15:00
6 posts

Hello Ning-geng-ong, Thank you very much for your reply. My first idea was to import beans but there are some benefits when working with nibs such as higher fat content of the nibs, shorter roast period. Plus  I save some money from not buying a crusher and winnowing machine. 

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
03/16/16 11:26:25
36 posts

I see where you are coming from but I don't exactly understand the statement about nibs having higher fat content.

DutchCocoa
@guusb
03/17/16 04:24:13
6 posts

It is about the roasting of the nibs in there shell. I have read that when roasting the cocoa beans, the shell takes up a part of the fat that is released during heating. 

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
03/17/16 06:19:38
36 posts

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!
I imagine a sealed plastic bag in a carton box should satisfy your nib transportation.
Just like when transporting almonds and other seeds or nuts.

GuBa:

It is about the roasting of the nibs in there shell. I have read that when roasting the cocoa beans, the shell takes up a part of the fat that is released during heating. 

updated by @ning-geng-ong: 03/17/16 06:20:09
Sebastian
@sebastian
03/17/16 16:22:02
754 posts

GuBa:

It does not.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.