Colored Cocoa Butter stayed in the mold

riche
@riche
02/01/17 06:24:24PM
1 posts

Please take a look at these photos and let me know what we did wrong.

Also when this happens any recommendations on how to clean out the molds efficiently.

Thank you,

Rich

mae-1.JPG.jpg
mae-1.JPG.jpg  •  1.5MB

mae-2.JPG.jpg
mae-2.JPG.jpg  •  1.7MB

mae-3.JPG.jpg
mae-3.JPG.jpg  •  1.8MB

mae-4.JPG.jpg
mae-4.JPG.jpg  •  1.7MB

Kerry
@kerry
02/08/17 09:40:40PM
288 posts

Looks perhaps like your chocolate was over crystallized and relatively cool when you put it behind the colours. Having it as warm as possible will aid it in it's bonding with the coloured layer and when it is over crystallized it doesn't contract as well and pull away from the mold.

I'd clean the molds with very hot water and a soft cotton mop like a vase brush.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca

updated by @kerry: 02/08/17 09:41:18PM
Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
02/11/17 11:58:05AM
92 posts

Was your colored cocoa butter properly tempered when you added it to the mold?  That could cause it to stay in the mold and not adhere to the chcolate even if the chcolate was properly tempered.

As for cleaning them, I'd run hot water from the tap and fill the molds allowing them to sit.  You can probably get most of the cocoa butter out this way or by using the sprayer.  You will probably need to clean them with cotton balls really well to remove any stubborn bits.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores