Tempering ganache?

garfoid
@garfoid
07/15/17 08:02:53AM
16 posts
I've been reading through chocolate confections by p. Greweling and if you see the extract I've attached you'll get what I mean. I've never tempered ganache before. What do you guys think?
IMG-20170715-WA0002.jpg

Dallas
@dallas
07/16/17 09:08:20AM
29 posts

I temper ganaches in filled bonbons 100% of the time. The difference is night and day.

garfoid
@garfoid
07/17/17 03:06:54AM
16 posts

Dallas:

I temper ganaches in filled bonbons 100% of the time. The difference is night and day.

Cheers Dallas.

Do you just table it? What about truffles? 

Dallas
@dallas
07/17/17 06:01:05PM
29 posts

No, tabling it is not practical in my production environment, although in small batches its fine to table it. I temper all ganaches.

I use cocoa butter silk to temper my ganaches. 

Tags

Share This

Member Marketplace

Activity

Andre Banks Rocha

@luisa-abram-chocolates • 3 days ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Help needed for a pest issue - 'warehouse moth'"
"Ok, I bought a co2 canister and will gas the beans. We have the beans placed in plastic barrels. I manage to get 2 taps on top lid. I will stick a..."
Patricia Vergez

@patricia-vergez • 4 weeks ago • comments: 1
Posted a new Comment on @patricia-vergez:
"Dear squidwud, would it be possible to get in contact by regular mail or phone? I'm still interested in your Equipment. Cordially Patricia"
Deanna Moore

@deanna-moore • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "For Sale chocolate piston dispensing machine, temp regulated "
"Hi,  I'm interested in the dispensing machine. Please email me at moore.deanna@gmail.com. Thank you!  Best, Deanna"
Nicole5

@nicole5 • one month ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "FOR SALE: LIQUIDATING ALL REMAINING CHOCOLATE MANUFACTURING EQUIPMENT & RELATED ITEMS"
"Hi Julie!  Do you have a list of available items?"
hapis

jatrant

@jatrant • one month ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
Combo Oven vs Coffee Drum Roaster
ChocolateRegards

@chocolateregards • one month ago • comments: 1
Posted a new Comment on FBM UNICA - 25kg working bowl continuous tempering machine:
"My Unica's computer display is entirely in Italian.  The manual is entirely in broken english   but as an added bonus the displays in the manual  versus..."