tempering with homemade mycryo

Ilana
@ilana
04/15/10 03:53:36PM
97 posts
My local forum is discussing this and so I got curious. Some colleagues say that they take well tempered cb and grind in it a machine of sorts-magimix/thermomix etc and use it as mycryo. Apparently it works well. Do you do this? Have you ever thought of tempering with cb (even just regular)? It seems that without the rest of the cacao solids, less would be needed. I did find info on Eddy Van Damm's blog. But to get the choco to around 35C takes time... And then no time is saved...
updated by @ilana: 05/03/15 05:28:39AM
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
04/15/10 04:43:42PM
158 posts
I've used lots of tempered cb as seed. The way I've done it is to temper the cb and pour in ice cube molds, then grate it with a Microplane. As soon as the chocolate reaches 35C I add the seed butter slowly. Most of the time I've used this method with my Hilliard's temperers, although this will work just fine doing it manually.
Ilana
@ilana
04/16/10 12:27:18AM
97 posts
wow. Thanks Cheebs. Does it take a long time to cool the choc to 35C -I have a X3210. Lana, I did not know that Wybauw no longer is with Callebaut! Interesting "fact"!! I wonder what his reasons are. Using regular seed cools the choc down quickly, but getting it 35 without seed seems timely...

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores