Transfers on White Chocolate?

Craig Boreth
@craig-boreth
09/03/11 11:38:22AM
8 posts

Anyone having luck getting transfers to work consistently on white chocolate? I'm finding that the pre-crystallized white chocolate isn't warm enough to melt the image off the transfer sheet. These same transfers work perfectly on dark chocolate.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Craig

updated by @craig-boreth: 04/12/15 11:06:21PM
Robyn Wood
@robyn-wood
09/03/11 05:09:38PM
29 posts

Never had any problems with white chocolate and transfers. I use the chocolate at 88 degrees. I generally use either El Rey or EGuittard.

These two are the usual ones I make, and never had a flop.

How long do you leave them before unmolding? It helps if you can leave them overnight, even though I have rushed them and they still worked.

1342-chocolates16b.jpg?width=200

1344-chocolates8b.jpg?width=200

Craig Boreth
@craig-boreth
09/03/11 07:39:38PM
8 posts
I'm actually not using molds, but dipping and then placing the individual sheets on top. I wonder if the molds hold in enough residual heat to make the transfer, while there's just not enough heat hanging around to work on the dipped pieces.
Robyn Wood
@robyn-wood
09/04/11 11:52:59AM
29 posts
Well, it's possible. I don't do that style of chocolates, so I can't offer much. I do know when I did mess around with trying that, I didn't leave the transfers on long enough, and they didn't adhere. You may just have to dip and get the transfer on as soon as you set it down, and leave them on overnight. I just feel this method is too time consuming, and dipping is my least favorite part anyway.
Craig Boreth
@craig-boreth
09/04/11 12:20:03PM
8 posts
Yeah, I agree, especially the dipping as least favorite part. :)
Richard Foley
@richard-foley
09/04/11 09:08:45PM
48 posts
Because white chocolate has the lowest working temperature, your transfers are having a hard time "transferring" . So it is very important you get them on to the top of your creations immediately. Also try storing your transfers at a few different temperatures until you find the best result. Could be your transfers are too cool or even too warm to work the best. I think it is just an equation of tweaking your method, but again, most important is to remember white chocolate is already cooler working temp so will be most difficult to melt those transfers off the plastic onto your surface.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores