I have noticed that in days of intense indoor chocolate making work I end up with some discomfort. Commonly a stuffed or a runny nose, similar to having a cold.
My first guess is the smaller particles that are liberated when grinding the beans and winnowing may get into one's respiratory system and produce this symptoms. I tried wearing a mask while grinding and winnowing (both indoors) and it seems to help, but not completely.
How about vapors while roasting? Is the acid from the strong whiffing to tell if beans are done doing something nasty to my nostrils?
Does anyone care to share what kind of measures are being used by them or their teams?
updated by @felipe-jaramillo-f: 04/09/15 07:40:12PM