A Visit to Potomac Chocolate

Kerry
@kerry
05/16/15 07:15:59AM
288 posts

Several Chocolate Lifer's are in the Washington, DC area for the annual http://forums.egullet.org/topic/151277-report-eg-chocolate-and-confectionery-workshop-2015/

We took the opportunity yesterday afternoon to visit with Ben Rasmussen of Potomac Chocolate and have a tour of his compact basement chocolate factory. The man is a powerhouse! And a delight to meet.

I can't figure out how to add a link to a Gallery here - but if you look for the photo gallery 'Potomac Chocolate' you will find some pictures I took of Ben's amazing setup. 

Just one teaser photo - the roasting basket from his roaster that he had built from a convection oven.

IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1070.jpg  •  55KB

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca

updated by @kerry: 05/16/15 07:37:21AM
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
05/16/15 07:19:47AM
194 posts

I am one of the lucky ones who was there. Thanks so much Ben!

Potomac Chocolate
@ben-rasmussen
05/18/15 12:23:02PM
191 posts

Thanks Ruth and Kerry! I had a great time meeting all of you! Thanks Ruth for setting it up!

Kerry
@kerry
05/19/15 08:46:44PM
288 posts

How do I link to an album of pictures that I took at Potomac so I can add them here?

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores