Chocolate recommendations for Mexico city

Anna Bonavita
@anna-bonavita
12/25/10 11:41:24AM
4 posts

I will be in Mexico city for a week, are there interesting chocolate related places? I am planning to visit the Museum of Antropology and El Moro, the hot chocolate place. But perhaps there are classes or something else....Please let me know

Thank you in advance.

updated by @anna-bonavita: 04/28/15 01:14:39PM
Nat
@nat
12/26/10 07:04:06AM
75 posts

El Palacio Nacional (which I think is in the same place or right next to the Museum of Anthropology) has some great Diego Rivera friezes that depict the Aztec and Maya history of cacao, unfortunately the best one is in the corner upstairs. Not a great viewing spot.

Mayordomo shops around town, the closest one 2 km away,

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Norte+3860,+Centro,+72000+Puebla,+Mexico+ (Chocolate+Mayordomo+de+Oaxaca)&daddr=Plaza+de+la+Constituci%C3%B3n+1,+06060+Mexico+City,+Mexico+(Palacio+Nacional)&geocode=FZhYKAEdrM8W-iFTFEI1emVTfw%3BFYprKAEd1owW-iEbSuaAdLTwCg&hl=en&mra=pd&mrcr=0&sll=19.402654,-99.176466&sspn=0.103462,0.115185&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

have a good selection of moles and coarse ground chocolate bars. This is the standard Oaxacan drinking chocolate.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores