Tempering Ganache

Nick Shearn
@nick-shearn
11/15/12 10:37:33AM
12 posts

Having read numerous books and threads on the topic it seems that the consensus when making a ganache is to temper it on a marble slab as a final stage before moulding/dipping. In an effort to speed up the process (and because the slab I use is just too small to be useful) I thought I'd just add 1% Mycryo cocoa butter to the ganache as you might do when tempering just chocolate. It firmed up nice enough but I don't know if it has the same effect as slabbing the ganache in terms of improving texture and shelf life. Has anyone else tried this? Does it do the same job?

Thanks.

Nick.

updated by @nick-shearn: 04/15/15 03:11:41AM
Kris Schoofs
@kris-schoofs
11/16/12 05:29:02PM
9 posts

Personally I find the easiest way to temper ganache is to let your cream cool down to approximately 30-35C and pour it all at once onto the molten tempered chocolate. Then thoroughly mix it until you have a smooth emulsion. Since the temperature never gets high enough to take the cacao butter crystals out of temper you will end with tempered ganache.

Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
11/16/12 09:22:56PM
92 posts

I've had (and made) ganache both with tempered and untempered chocolate. Personally, I prefer untempered chocolate in myganache plus since I temper by hand it saves me a good bit of time when making ganache. Have you considered not tempering your chocolate for your ganaches?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores