Advice on Chef Rubber Air Compressors

Glennmade Craft Chocolate
@glennmade-craft-chocolate
01/20/13 13:41:02
3 posts

Hi,

My name is Glenn and I am sort of new here to The Chocolate Life and I apologize for not having introduced myself yet in the forum. I plan on doing so soon so you can get my background with regards to my passion and love of chocolate.

I am trying to learn and get familiar with airbrushing polycarbonate molds with various colored cocoa butters. I have been doing some research and I am going to go with a Badger 350 - its a simple single action air brush that is good for cocoa butter usage and its affordable.

I am at a point (and a standstill) because I am looking for a good air compressor that will work well with the Badger 350 and not be super loud but will also not give me problems down the road.

After reading a bunch of posts on the forum, I see that many say to check out Chef Rubber's air compressors.

I narrowed down my choice to the RubbAire Starter 1/5HP or the RubbAire Deluxe 1/3HP which has two hoses.

My question to everyone is what are the pros and cons of these two?

Also, has anyone used the Badger 350 and have had success using a RubbAire compressor or have they used a different brand compressor? Pros and Cons?

Any other suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Glenn

updated by @glennmade-craft-chocolate: 04/10/15 13:30:54
Jeff Stern
@jeff-stern
01/21/13 19:26:41
78 posts

Buy an Iawata, they rock. Don't get too wimpy of a compressor. The 1/3 horsepower over the 1/5, especially if you can adjust the pressure-crucial. Make sure it has a pressure chamber to hold air in reserve, keeps your flow even. Two hoses is great, especially if you can adjust the pressure of each one independently.

chocochoco
@chocochoco
01/22/13 08:19:10
56 posts

Hi Jeff, what airbrush brandwould you recommend?

Also, what type would you recommend, siphon (bottom) or gravity feed?

Thanks,

Omar

chocochoco
@chocochoco
01/29/13 14:12:12
56 posts

Hi Glenn, which one did you buy? How do you like it?

Thanks,

Omar

Glennmade Craft Chocolate
@glennmade-craft-chocolate
01/30/13 21:33:17
3 posts

Hi chocochoco,

I didn't purchase mine yet. I am still going to go with the Badger 350 airbrush but still debating on the compressor.

Trying to see if anyone else has advice on what's the best air compressor to use for the Badger 350.

Thanks

Glenn

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores