Buttercreams

Linda Bowen
@linda-bowen
03/18/13 03:52:52PM
2 posts
I am looking for insight on creatingVanilla and chocolate buttercream Easter eggs. I have customers asking me for them. It is a not a ganache or a butter ganache so I am looking for any direction anyone may have for me.Thanks Linda
updated by @linda-bowen: 04/10/15 11:13:28AM
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
03/18/13 05:16:07PM
194 posts

Just use a cream fondant. 4 cups sugar, 1 cup cream, 1/2 water, 2 tablespoons corn syrup or honey, pinch salt. Cook to soft ball (238 sea level) Pour out to cool. Stir when about 115 degrees. For chocolate, add 3 oz cocoa mass when beating. A bit of vanilla if desired.

Greg Gould
@greg-gould
03/20/13 10:16:19AM
68 posts

I use CK brand Dry Fondant Mix in a bag with some invertase. You can't get any easier than that and it's good. I was going to develop my own recipe, or do something from scratch, but everyone seems to like these.

Linda Bowen
@linda-bowen
03/20/13 01:42:25PM
2 posts
Thanks
Karen Blueberry
@karen-blueberry
03/26/13 03:27:55PM
8 posts

Would you share your porportions on the dry mix, water & invertase you use?

Greg Gould
@greg-gould
04/10/13 07:18:35AM
68 posts

It's all on the back of the package. I don't have a pack near me, but I think it's one package, 3 tbsp of butter, 1 tbsp of cream and only a drop of invertase.

http://www.shop.partyshopga.com/Dry-Fondant-for-Candy-Centers-76-5501.htm?gclid=CKHyuv38v7YCFe5xOgodlycA_Q

Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
04/15/13 10:53:48AM
157 posts

Or don't use a package, just look up buttercream recipes. We sell the hell out of some straight up old fashion buttercream filled products during easter and use a slightly modified version for a bon bon year round. :) Fondant is just way too sweet and in the end a really neutral product.

Greg Gould
@greg-gould
04/15/13 12:08:15PM
68 posts

Any recipes for buttercreams I can pipe into molds?

Greg Gould
@greg-gould
04/15/13 12:46:40PM
68 posts

The package is just one ingredient, fondant sugar. It's just pre-portioned and I'm new at this.
However, I agree that fondant is too sweet.

Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
04/15/13 04:41:49PM
157 posts

You can pipe any buttercream into a mold, have you never made buttercream icing for a cake? Tasty experiments!

Just google buttercream icing and have a go at it. Worst case is you have something which you can throw on some brownies or a quick cake hehe.

It's not shelf stable but they are good and creamy.

You can store your bag of buttercream in the fridge but will need to allocate some time for it to "thaw" before piping.

While this isn't our recipe I just grabbed this one off Foodnetwork as an example of the ingredient breakdown, not rocket science--

1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup milk, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla or other desired flavoring
2 pounds confectioners' sugar

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores