Rev1 Problems - won´t melt!

Andre Costa
@andre-costa
08/12/13 08:23:30AM
103 posts

Good morning, everyone. I hope you are all well.

I had not used my Rev 1 in a couple of years. Last Saturday I took it out and made a few batches of molded chocolate and the machine worked perfectly.

This Saturday it did not! Everything did what they were supposed to do, but the temperature did not kick in and the machine did not melt the chocolate - so, no tempering.

The bowl was spinning, all the lights were on...everything looked fine, just the temperature wasnt working. I unplugged the machine, reset it...and nothing.

I emailed Revolation and am waiting for a reply. In the meantime, has anyone gone through something similar that could shine a light on what may be going on?

Thank you.

updated by @andre-costa: 04/10/15 05:30:36PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
08/12/13 11:57:06PM
1,680 posts

Andre -

You've done all the right things, except I would call Chocovision and see what they can do for you. There are some electronics in your Rev 1 and it's possible, after a long period of inactivity, that something worked the first time when it was plugged back in, but then stopped working.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
08/13/13 08:26:38PM
103 posts

Hi Clay.

I actually did contact Chocovision and based on what I told them the thingy that warms the machine is kaput! So I am sending the machine for them to fix it.

Thank you, Clay. It is nice to be back in the chocolate-making mood. I hope you are well.

Esther L. Greenberger2
@esther-l-greenberger2
08/17/13 10:18:34PM
13 posts

I have the Sinsation. It melts and tempers about 1.5 lbs. of chocolate at a time. After about 30-40 minutes I find that I need to melt a small amount of chocolate and re temper the batch because it becomes over-tempered, becoming too thick to work with. Any suggestions?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores