Where to buy liquid sorbitol?

John E
@john-e
12/12/13 04:54:52PM
20 posts

Where can we buy liquid sorbitol?

It has to be high quality. I checked with some main top food distributors in the area and they don't carry the item.

updated by @john-e: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Jim Dutton
@jim-dutton
12/12/13 07:56:04PM
76 posts

I see that you are in the U.S., so you can find it at Chef Rubber: http://www.shopchefrubber.com/Sorbitol-Liquid-4-Liter/ . I don't know about the quality of the product.

John E
@john-e
12/12/13 09:14:49PM
20 posts

Yeah I am in the US.

Thanks for the reference, I will look into and call the company to ask about its quality. Thank you Jim.

If anyone else has any other companies that would be great! Thanks : )

Jim Dutton
@jim-dutton
12/13/13 08:09:56AM
76 posts

I am curious as to what you mean by "high quality." I doubt that any vendor is going to acknowledge that his product is of other than high quality.

John E
@john-e
12/13/13 12:17:26PM
20 posts

The chocolatier I talked to said to not buy any products from supermarkets since they are inferior to the products you can obtain from wholesale distributors in the confectionary industry. Following this advice, since Chef Rubber is not carried by any of these distributors, I thought it may be less quality.

It looks as if I have no choice anyway. They are the only company that I'm aware that sells it ---- thanks for mentioning them.

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
12/13/13 09:27:47PM
194 posts

Chef Rubber is certainly not a super market. Paul specializes in specialty items for the pastry/chocolatier market. I have never found any of his products to be less than top quality. Chef Rubber does not make the products, but distribute them is small enough quantities that yu are able to buy

John E
@john-e
12/14/13 06:29:12PM
20 posts

Glad you think they are high quality. I have already placed an order.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • one month ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores