Cleaning Crankenstein Mill

Katie Partington
@katie-partington
03/20/14 05:45:01PM
8 posts
Hi everyone, does anyone have any tips for cleaning a crankenstein cacao mill? My environmental health officer has said I need to clean and disinfect it somehow - any ideas?? I've tried scrubbing it with various brushes but I'm too scared to use liquid or detergent on it yet, any advice?
updated by @katie-partington: 04/10/15 02:10:40PM
Mark J Sciscenti
@mark-j-sciscenti
03/22/14 10:11:19AM
33 posts

Try asking the owner of http://www.chocolatealchemy.com as he both uses and sells these mills. You might also check the data sheet or ask the manufacturer.

As to your health inspector - he most likely does not have a clue about small scale cocoa/chocolate manufactures, most only know how to apply restaurant health codes dealing with possible health hazards such as meat/dairy/vegetable, etc and they don't know what to do with something other as it is outside their knowledge base.

You might ask the several bean to bar chocolate makers what they do and how they explain to their various health departments their process.

Katie Partington
@katie-partington
03/22/14 04:13:14PM
8 posts
Ok thanks for that, I did ask the EHO why he wanted it disinfected and got the impression he wasn't sure, will do some more research so that I can give him a better answer next time which will hopefully convince him it's ok.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores