Continuous tempering machines: Bakon Choco-lution?

HeatherJ
@heather-johnston
05/07/14 08:39:32AM
17 posts

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a continuous tempering machine with a tank capacity of 25kg or higher that has the capability to add on an enrober in the future. I've read all of the posts here from 2012 and 2013, but don't see anyone that has mentioned the Bakon Choco-lution. Does anyone have experience using this machine in their production facility? I'm mostly looking for opinions from users, not sellers (unless you're one and the same!).

Heather

updated by @heather-johnston: 04/11/15 01:00:46PM
mda@umgdirectresponse.com
@michael-arnovitz
05/07/14 03:03:59PM
59 posts

My understanding is that the Bakon tempering machine has only been available for a little over a year, so it probably just hasn't worked its way into enough hands yet. That having been said, I've also found it a bit curious that no one ever seems to even mention it. Really, there are people in the witness protection program who get more attention that this unit.

When it comes to continuous tempering machines FBM and Selmi always seem to get the lion's share of attention. They're both solid companies. But I just find that odd. You would think people would talk about other tempering machines from other companies (Savy Goiseau, Sollich, LCM, Bravo, Pomati, GAMI, Frichoc, etc) at least a little. Perhaps Selmi and FBM have just been significantly more aggressive with their US marketing? I don't know.

If you didn't know better, you couldn't be blamed for thinking that this is a 2-horse race. Except it's not.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • one month ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores