Chocovision Rev2 default temperatures

Eduardo Ostos
@eduardo-ostos
09/08/14 05:30:50PM
3 posts

Hello, I have a Rev2 but I haven't used it yet, I wonder if I can change at will (up and down)the default melting and tempering temperatures for the chocolate. I'm using "El Rey" chocolate and they recomend for their dark chocolate: Melting 83-93 F, Tempering 122-131 F, Cooling 82-84 and Working range 88-90 F

Thanks for your help

Eduardo

updated by @eduardo-ostos: 04/09/15 05:53:16PM
Jim Dutton
@jim-dutton
09/08/14 10:12:52PM
76 posts

Yes, you can change the temperatures in the Rev 2. Start the melting cycle, and press the up arrow to reach the temp you want (122-131 F. is higher than I have seen for most chocolates--I aim for 113-115). The machine will signal you when the selected temp has been reached. Then you must select Temper 1 or 2. If you are using already tempered chocolate as seed, it is much faster to select Temper 2 (you don't need to lower the temp, then raise it to the working temp). The machine then starts lowering temperature. You can select the temp you want as an end point. I let the machine go to its default temp (which is in the 80s), then use the up arrow to heat the chocolate (dark) up to 90 or 91. All the changes are performed with the up and down arrows.

Eduardo Ostos
@eduardo-ostos
09/09/14 12:26:45PM
3 posts

Hi Jim, many thanks for your help

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores