Topping chocolate after it dries?

Bryan
@bryan
10/29/14 08:48:54PM
21 posts
How would I stick stuff to tempered chocolate after it dries? Would steaming it like modeling chocolate work? Any ideas? I don't want to ruin the temper.
updated by @bryan: 04/10/15 01:47:38PM
Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
10/30/14 01:42:28PM
92 posts
I usually have a batch of tempered chocolate on the side and dip whatever I am putting on my finished chocolate. You can do this with nuts, coconut, or whatever. If you do what you are suggesting (steaming) then you will alter the temper and if not, then just ruin the shine. Buy a set of tweezers to make dipping and placing the item on your chocolate easier and neater.
Clay Gordon
@clay
11/02/14 05:28:01PM
1,680 posts

Bryan -

Just a quick technical note to follow on to what Andrea mentioned about the technique she uses: Chocolate does not dry as there is little to no water in it. When chocolate cools down the cocoa butter crystallizes. There are several forms of crystals, and proper tempering ensures that the right crystals set up.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores