Chocolate Competition

Eric Devlin
@eric-devlin
09/26/08 04:20:13PM
7 posts
Hi,I believe that this (the 'News' section) is the appropriate place to post this. There will be chocolate competition this October on Long Island.We are inviting chocolatiers who wish to enter the competition and anyone who would like to help judge to contact us.There is no fee involved at all and entries can be mailed in.Below is the general information:____________________2008 New York Food FestivalDuring the weekend of October 25th 26th, the 2008 New York Food and BBQ Festival will be held in the town of Sayville, New York. Between 25,000 and 50,000 attendees are expected. The event will be receiving significant media coverage from local television and newspapers.In addition to the NY State BBQ Championships and the NY State Cheese Competition there will be a chocolate competition that will focus on 6 separate categories. Manufacturers and artisans are invited to submit chocolates in as many or as few categories as they would like.Plaques and ribbons will be awarded. The manufacturer with the highest aggregate score will be named the 2008 New York State Champion. This event is operating under a Governors Proclamation from NY State Governor David Patterson.Chocolate Categories:FudgeTruffleMilk ChocolateDark ChocolateSweet ChocolateArtisanal Chocolate (open category)There will be 6 judges for each category. We recommend that you submit 8 separate items per category to ensure that there are at least two extra in case of damage in shipping.Judging Criteria:TasteTextureAromaAppearanceRelevant Web Sites: www.nyfoodfestival.com www.bbqbattleli.com www.greatersayvillechamber.com Entries and any questions:Eric Devlinsaberinc at verizon dot net986 Baldwin PathDix Hills, NY 11746 USA
updated by @eric-devlin: 04/10/15 06:29:23AM
Carol
@carol
10/03/08 09:58:52AM
24 posts
Eric,where does one get the application for this competitionCarol
Eric Devlin
@eric-devlin
10/03/08 11:51:14AM
7 posts
Hi Carol,Shoot me an email and I will reply with the application attached. I'll send it in both MS Word and PDF. Let me know if another format works better for you.Thanks,Ericsaberinc AT verizon DOT net
Clay Gordon
@clay
10/03/08 12:30:25PM
1,680 posts
Eric:Why don't you upload the forms here so people can download them? And how do you get to be a judge? When the details for 2009 are known let us know so we can give people more advance notice (and I would love to be a judge next year).

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Eric Devlin
@eric-devlin
10/03/08 04:29:36PM
7 posts
Registration form in MS Word.There is no fee involved and mailing in entries is fine.Eric
Eric Devlin
@eric-devlin
10/03/08 04:31:11PM
7 posts
Thank you.I will definitely try to get the information out earlier next year. Both for participants and judges.If anyone is interested in judging, please shoot me an email. We would love to take advantage of your expertise.Eric

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores