Selllng Chocolate in the summer

John Duxbury
@john-duxbury
04/30/15 02:12:06PM
45 posts

Hello All.  This will be my second summer in business and last summer I pretty much discontinued my chocolate sales (I sell ice cream also).  I'd like to keep making / selling throughout the summer but I'm not sure how to ensure that my customers can get the chocolate home, without melting.  I live in Philadelphia and the temperatures stay in the 90's (f) for much of the summer.  Is there a relatively easy and inexpensive way to transport chocolate for small distances during hot summer months?  Thanks for the help, John

Kerry
@kerry
05/06/15 10:38:43PM
288 posts

Get some little insulated bags with your branding on them - have the really tiny little ice packs available.  

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
John Duxbury
@john-duxbury
05/07/15 11:13:46AM
45 posts

Thanks Kerry.  I'll try that.  John

John Duxbury
@john-duxbury
05/07/15 03:43:31PM
45 posts

Hello again, Kerry.  Someone in another thread recommended Bubble Wrap bags.  What type of insulated bags do you use, and who Brands them for you?  Also, the small ice packs you referred to - not sure what they are.  Thanks again for the help.  John

Victor Antonio Padilla Prado
@victor-antonio-padilla-prado
05/08/15 05:29:12PM
15 posts

What we normally do is put our boxes in ziplock bags and transport them in a cooler. During very hot days we put blue ice bags in the cooler too (but outside the ziplocks obviously).

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores