Hilliards Lil Dipper Help!

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
09/22/15 10:55:31PM
527 posts

Hi.

Can anyone out there who has a Hilliards Little Dipper tempering machine take a look and let me know what the motor brand and model number is?

Thanks!

Brad

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
09/23/15 05:02:23PM
527 posts

Thanks Larry!  That's just what I was looking for.

By the way, when you reference the "new" style of hilliards machine (digital), are there any other changes, such as different heat source than a light bulb, or any automated functions?

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
09/23/15 06:49:36PM
527 posts

Thanks.

I have finally gotten around to finalizing the design of my own tempering machine, and have written a wireless interface which allows me to control all aspects of the machine from my phone (or computer).  The cool thing though is that the application steps through the ENTIRE tempering process - heating, cooling, and reheating. No need to worry about seed. No need to worry about chocolate crawling out of the machine.  Etc.  Even if the chocolate is solid in the bowl, the application controls the motor and will turn it on only after some of it has melted.

It also has the built in functionality of simply heating and holding the chocolate at whatever temperature you want (such as overnight heating), so that all you need to do is push the button in the morning to start the tempering cycle. 

No more seeding

No more lightbulbs

"Smart" completely automated tempering cycle

super easy to clean

much larger bowl (about twice that of hilliards)

smaller paddle (allows for more working area)

Runs on a phone, computer, or tablet and controls the machine from anywhere in the shop (not necessary, but definitely a cool thing!  LOL)

No tempering experience needed.  The application even has voice commands and suggestions.

Priced about $500 less than a Lil Dipper (which only costs about $500 to build in the first place)

A prototype has been running in my shop now for a couple of weeks.  I turn it on in the morning and more or less forget about it for the rest of the day.

My staff now want me to change over all of my machines in the shop to work the same as this one!  Haha!

Kickstarter to take it to CSA-UL approval is coming soon.

Photo of the user interface is attached.

...I guess now the cat's out of the bag

GUIBackgroundV2.jpg
GUIBackgroundV2.jpg  •  61KB

Olivier
@olivier
09/25/15 03:53:39PM
4 posts

Hi Brad,

Sounds like a nice machine. Just what I'm looking for. Could you send me some more information ?  

Thanks

Olivier

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores