Are we Hurting Ourselves over this Mast Bros Controversy?

Aaalxndr
@aaalxndr
12/22/15 01:13:06PM
11 posts

Hi all,

At first, the news was just circulated in our own circles. Now it's been picked up by almost every big news source –– Inc, Vox, NYT, etc. . .

I'm wondering if the general tone of our conversations has been counterproductive. We want the public to respect us as artisans, but it seems like the image we've been presenting is more divisive than anything else.

I totally agree about the importance of transparency and integrity. And I think it's important for any community to hold each member accountable for their actions. I'm just not so sure that that's our real motive (or at least the impression we're giving off).

I wrote a blog post on my thoughts here if you're interested.

Cheers,

ab

[edited to fix the link URL - at signs are not allowed in URLs.]

Clay Gordon
@clay
12/22/15 01:20:34PM
1,680 posts

ab -

That's a very good question, and one that's being asked in a lot of quarters these days. The answer in the end is that I think everyone will be better off as a result of the scrutiny and improving customer trust.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores