Smallest chocolate wrapping machine

chocolifetrying
@niewulis
03/31/16 09:02:26AM
8 posts
Anyone have a clue which machine can wrap bars Like snickers,Mars? But smallest in size
Clay Gordon
@clay
03/31/16 12:33:02PM
1,680 posts

You are looking for what is called a flow wrapping machine. 

Prices are based on the size of the film that can be handled (width and length) as well the number of pieces per hour that can be wrapped ++ options that include not wrapping when there is no product present, metal detectors, and more. It's important to keep in mind that you don't get what you don't pay for. Skimping out on features at purchase could lead to production struggles.

One key aspect of the design to inquire about is the ease of changing the knives. Some models make it easy - some make it very hard.

The FW 350TC  available from PAC Machinery (US) is one of the smallest I know of. I do not know the price and I do not know anyone who has one and have no information on how easy it is to adjust or to use. This is solely based on size, which is what you appear to be most concerned about.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 03/31/16 12:33:42PM
chocolifetrying
@niewulis
03/31/16 04:29:11PM
8 posts

[quote="Clay Gordon"]

You are looking for what is called a flow wrapping machine. 

Prices are based on the size of the film that can be handled (width and length) as well the number of pieces per hour that can be wrapped ++ options that include not wrapping when there is no product present, metal detectors, and more. It's important to keep in mind that you don't get what you don't pay for. Skimping out on features at purchase could lead to production struggles.

One key aspect of the design to inquire about is the ease of changing the knives. Some models make it easy - some make it very hard.

The FW 350TC  available from PAC Machinery (US) is one of the smallest I know of. I do not know the price and I do not know anyone who has one and have no information on how easy it is to adjust or to use. This is solely based on size, which is what you appear to be most concerned about.

[/quote]

Does this machine use "bags" or rolls of stock sheet that feeds in the machine?

Clay Gordon
@clay
03/31/16 05:54:31PM
1,680 posts

A flow wrap machine uses rolls of film.

--
chocolifetrying
@niewulis
04/26/16 09:54:43AM
8 posts

[quote="Clay Gordon"]

A flow wrap machine uses rolls of film.

[/quote]

Is cold seal most recommended? 

chocolifetrying
@niewulis
04/26/16 11:52:39AM
8 posts

I'm seeing that most used are heat seal, is it an issue?

Clay Gordon
@clay
04/28/16 04:27:37AM
1,680 posts

Ask the manufacturer. But generally, no. 

--

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores