Selmi Removable Srcrewpump - cleaning

Calum
@calum
09/19/16 04:13:41PM
24 posts

Hi all,

We are looking at one of the Selmi machines, possibly the Top Ex. What attracts me is the removable screwpump for easy cleaning. Now I know that this isn't unique to Selmi but they are the only comoany I see saying that you can use nuts in the machine and then clean. This makes mean think that they must be very confident of ease of cleaning.

- Anyone have first hand experiance of this?

- Does anyone know max inclusion size.

thnaks

calum

Calum
@calum
09/20/16 02:18:45AM
24 posts

These are the questions I have put to Selmi and their response. Would be good if anyone had any practial experiance to back this up:

- what is the maximum sized inclusion?

Should be lesser bigger then 4 mm 

- what is the max % of chocolate to inclusion that is can run.

We advice maximum 18% of inclusions for each kg of chocolate you will have inside the machine 

- Can the machine be fully cleaned. We are interested in the removable screw pump option, but does this clean to a standard where to could still not contaminate other batches with previous allergens used, I am thinking nuts here.

The machine with the removable screw such as COLOR EX and PLUS EX allow you to remove the screw pump and wash the machine complete. 

- Is there any wastage when swapping form Dark to milk etc.

from Dark to Milk we usually advice to not wash the machine but empty it as much as you can then put the new chocolate inside, for the swap from Dark to White the waste of product is very small because you can empty the machine and then wash it.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores