Opinion: Pomati OSD 5 one-shot bar moulding line
Posted in: Tech Help, Tips, Tricks, & Techniques
We are looking at a depositor for mainly our chocolate bars. I got talking to a reseller of Pomati in the UK and he has recommended the Pomati OSD 5 Depositors.
This can obviously do a lot more than just bars, which is great as this would be useful for doing our moulded chocolates too.
At the moment we are doing 300 - 400k bars a year (30 tonnes), and sales are increasing quickly. At the moment our set up is wholly inadequate:
- 2 x Wheel 30Kg wheel temperers (just used to melt the couverture)
- 1 x FBM Prima (7kg working bowl)
- 1 x Chocolate fridge for cooling
- Moulded chocolate - All done by hand
All our oils, spices and nuts are then mixed, by hand, in a bowl and then poured, by hand, into moulds. One person can usually do between 600 - 800 days doing it this way.
Our main part of our business is bars but we are looking to develop the moulded praline side of the business so the one shot is interesting.
We are now in a position where we can spend some money of equipment better suited to our production, but its extremely confusing as to what would be best for us moving forward.
We have looked at a whole line for the one-shot, which is extremely expensive but I am looking in invest in a line that will future proof our production for a few years to come.
- Does anyone have any opinions on this?
- Is this the best way to go? How else would you do this volume if not?
- Is there a more economical way to achieve this?
- What are your thoughts on Pomati?