Cacao Research

Mari
@mari
12/10/08 08:35:07PM
3 posts
I am doing personal research on the history of chocolate and I am having difficulty finding information on the Jesuit owned cacao plantations. I would like information on this area and time frame in general, but I have decided to focus on this area first just because it seems interesting. Would appreciate any input and everyone have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and whatever else that is celebrated at this time of year.
updated by @mari: 04/13/15 11:58:09AM
Ilana
@ilana
12/22/08 10:56:58AM
97 posts
Can you give more details as to what time you are interested in?
Mari
@mari
12/23/08 05:40:33PM
3 posts
Well the Spanish invaded in the early 16th century and the Jesuit control of the Mayan plantations would presumably begin after that. So that time period.
Ilana
@ilana
12/27/08 04:12:12AM
97 posts
I have some information onthis on my site- under history, with sources used at the end. More about the morano/crypto jews but may be of interest to you. There is an author called Mordehai Arbell who specializes in this era.
lailalauren
@lailalauren
04/04/17 01:15:12AM
23 posts

Ilana: I have some information onthis on my site- under history, with sources used at the end. More about the morano/crypto jews but may be of interest to you. There is an author called Mordehai Arbell who specializes in this era.

may I know your blog site please?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores