03/31/09 04:27:58PM
6 posts
Has anyone tasted this chocolate yet?
updated by @kisei: 04/11/15 01:50:17AM
Luis Dinos Moro
@luis-dinos-moro
04/09/09 05:42:58AM
15 posts
yes. I got some samples of it and it's good, but nothing special.
Kisei
@kisei
04/09/09 08:39:48AM
6 posts
Thanks very much, Luis. I work with Felchlin in my business and it's nice to have feedback from other aficionados. Ciao.
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/09/09 09:38:01AM
1,680 posts
What is most interesting about the Felchlin Centenario is that it comes in two forms, Crudo and Concha. The Crudo is semi-finished with the texture (crunch) of fine sugar particles. Also because it is not conched for very long the flavor is dominated by the sweetness of the sugar particles. The Concha is fully conched in the old longitudinal conches Felchlin uses for the rest of the Grand Cru line. What is startling is the differences between the two chocolates - it is one of the best examples there is (in a commercial chocolate) of just what kinds of changes happen to a chocolate during conching. The Concha has warm soft spice notes (as I remember) and the typical Felchlin mouth feel. It's not an in-your-face chocolate like the Cru Hacienda 74% and it doesn't have the tantalizing citrusy notes of the Cru Sauvage. It's its own chocolate, made especially for the 100th Anniversary of the founding of the company.I will look to see if there are any more of the Crudo/Concha samplers and if there are I will make them available to ChocolateLife members.:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/09/09 07:57:05PM
1,680 posts
I believe that the US and Canada are both handled by Swiss Chalet Fine Foods out of Florida. They have a warehouse in LA. But I will check and let you know.

--
Kisei
@kisei
04/10/09 05:01:12PM
6 posts
Lana,Felchlin in Canada is handled by HUH Imports in Newmarket, Ontario. (905)-853-0693.I live in New York and I get my Felchlin wholesale supplies from Swiss Chalet in New Jersey. I find that they have a pretty generous shipping policy but not much of a price discount for larger quantities unless one is able to work through their regional rep. Good luck.
Kisei
@kisei
04/10/09 05:10:30PM
6 posts
Thank you for this, Clay. I look forward to working with the Concha. Have you or anyone you know worked with this and the Cru Hacienda in a confectionary capacity? I produce a 3oz bar with the organic version of the Hacienda and it sells well. I'm sweating a bit, though, coming up with a bon bon/truffle ganache recipe with it perhaps because of the fact that I'm may not be working correctly with the cream/cocoa butter ratios.
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/10/09 08:03:32PM
1,680 posts
I've contacted them for the name of one of their US-based corporate chefs who can help you with this.

--
Kisei
@kisei
04/12/09 02:48:49PM
6 posts
Thanks much, Clay. I look forward to it.
Luis Dinos Moro
@luis-dinos-moro
04/14/09 08:56:31PM
15 posts
Felchlin is one of my main chocolates that I use in my business as well, and my wife is a huge fan as well. I just thought the 100 was just ok. I really like the cru sauvage and the cru hacienda.
Luis Dinos Moro
@luis-dinos-moro
04/14/09 08:57:36PM
15 posts
Hi,I have a bag of cru hacienda, but haven't had a chance to make anything with it yet. There are 2 versions, one is organic and the other isn't but my rep told me that they are both basically the same, the one not labeled organic doesn't have organic sugar, the one labeled organic does have organic sugar, the beans are organic in both, that's the only difference.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores