Decorating Chocolates

Chocolate Lady
@chocolate-lady
08/31/09 02:51:14PM
4 posts
I really enjoy using luster dust to decorate my chocolates as do many chocolatiers. While what I have been using has been noted as non-toxic and not a food ingredient, I do not know how much or to what extent I can safely use it. I am aware that FDA approved luster dust is available and would like to know who uses it exclusively or any other feedback.Thank you.
updated by @chocolate-lady: 04/23/15 11:46:40AM
Julie Helzer
@julie-helzer
09/01/09 12:32:18PM
8 posts
I use it occationally on the top and have never had any problems.
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
09/01/09 01:36:45PM
158 posts
I only use EDIBLE luster dust. If it's not clearly marked edible I prefer not to use it.
Chocolate Lady
@chocolate-lady
09/02/09 03:32:34PM
4 posts
Thanks everyone for the feedback valuable information. It happens that Crystal Colors is one that I am ordering to work with and may decide to use exclusively if I like.
Chocolate Lady
@chocolate-lady
09/04/09 06:32:20PM
4 posts
I don't wear contacts, but if I did I'd be willing to try it out. I wish they had more pics of other colors.
Clay Gordon
@clay
01/22/13 11:40:45AM
1,680 posts

Chef Rubber might have a kosher-certified luster dust that is FDA approved. One way to apply is to mix with melted cocoa butter and decorating the insides of the molds.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Edward J
@edward-j
01/24/13 12:53:09AM
51 posts

The stuff I get from QZINA is certified Kosher--blessed by Rabbi Schlessinger himself.

I'd still love to know what is in that stuff..........

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores