Printing on chocolate

ShacolatKonfections
@shacolatkonfections
10/24/09 10:11:26AM
4 posts
I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. I see these ways that there is printing on chocolates now. It is becoming more and more popular now with business logos and pictures. I have been trying to look into it. I came across one company but I was wondering if anyone could help me.
updated by @shacolatkonfections: 05/12/15 08:53:51PM
Andrea3
@andrea3
10/24/09 11:40:39AM
22 posts
Most use transfer sheets. Just Google 'Chocolate Transfer Sheets' and you should get many hits on places that you can buy them from, some places will do customizing for you.They also have printers that will print directly on the chocolate, but I have no actual experience with those.Andrea
ShacolatKonfections
@shacolatkonfections
10/24/09 12:23:06PM
4 posts
Thank you. I know about transfer sheets but this is different. This is printed through a printer onto what i think is like royal icing (it is similiar to kopykake for cakes) and then then take them off the paper like a label and place on chocolate. I have seen it done but do not know the company that it comes from. I was at a chocolate store when i saw it being done. I have seen and heard about chocolagraphy but you have to buy their chocolate, printer, and program. Their whole franchise.
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
10/24/09 04:39:01PM
158 posts
The other printing company is Masterpiece Systems. Their one advantage is that their machine is able to print onto dark chocolate without needing the white layer.The machine is quite expensive, last quote I got was for around $16.5k.
Kerry
@kerry
10/27/09 10:29:30PM
288 posts
The company that makes this is Deco ( http://deco.uk.com/chocolate/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=13 ). I'm pretty sure that Tomric handles it in the US, but I can't find it on their site right now.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
ShacolatKonfections
@shacolatkonfections
10/28/09 09:44:13AM
4 posts
Thank you. This was helpful. I am still looking where it can be bought, but there is also something else that prints directly onA paper and pulled off like a labewl and put directly on the chocolate.Thank you for directing me to this site. I will look further into that but would also like to find this other product.Thank you again for your help.
Kerry
@kerry
10/28/09 09:19:23PM
288 posts
There is a unit I went to look at in Grimbsy Ontario at a chocolate shop called Monks. I seem to think it did something more like a label - wasn't what I wanted at the time so I didn't pay much attention to it. I think the folks there might actually have been the distributors of the unit.Might be worth giving them a call at 905-309-6161 - they could certainly tell you the name so you could do more research.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores