Best Chocolate Book | Best Chocolate Authors

Richard Spangenberg
@richard-spangenberg
11/10/09 11:37:00AM
8 posts
I am looking for a good book or two. Would like a book or two that will teach me about chocolate in the most riveting manner. Educational and focus on artesian chocolates and current trends. Rich in content, photos and well written. Who's the best author? And, what are the best books?
updated by @richard-spangenberg: 04/09/15 01:19:27PM
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
11/11/09 01:09:59PM
251 posts
Well, a good place to start would be DISCOVER CHOCOLATE by Clay Gordon (Description by Chocolate Bliss) This energetic chocolate blogger/author/travel guide focuses on tasting chocolate - how to explore and understand chocolate's full range of flavors. The website www.discoverchocolate.com offers many resources, including a networking site for chocophiles, THE CHOCOLATE LIFE. Amazon/Alibris
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
11/11/09 01:12:12PM
251 posts
There's a great list of books at Chocolate Bliss by TCL member Suzie Norris. It looks pretty comprehensive.
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
11/11/09 01:13:59PM
251 posts
Here's the first book on the Chocolate Bliss list :THE TRUE HISTORY OF CHOCOLATE by Michael Coe and Sophie CoeAsk around for the best book on chocolate history and you'll wind up here. It is the best!! Written by Yale Professor of Anthropology Emeritus Michael Coe and his late wife Sophie Coe, the knowlege of Olmec, Maya and Aztec historical context, artifacts and source material is deep. Deep, deep, deep! This book propsed the theory that chocolate production started in the Olmec civilization (not just the Maya and the Aztec) and is a source of study for many of the world's best chocolatiers. Amazon/Alibris.
Brendan
@brendan
11/11/09 07:03:05PM
21 posts
Peter Greweling's Chocolates and Confections is an outstanding reference for artisan chocolate technique. Clearly written, extra description of certain points if you want it, and great photography.
Clay Gordon
@clay
11/11/09 10:43:44PM
1,680 posts
FYI - discoverchocolate.com now redirects here to TheChocolateLife.com.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Masur
@masur
11/12/09 10:06:07AM
31 posts
Books on Chocolate Making from Ecole Chocolat is another great list: www.ecolechocolat.com/chocolate-books.php
Valerie
@valerie
11/12/09 09:52:43PM
29 posts
If you're looking for something more educational on the history of chocolate and learning about the different types of beans I highly recommend The New Taste of Chocolate by Maricel E. Presilla. It's one of my favorites.
Kristina
@kristina
12/29/09 12:42:27PM
21 posts
I can only agree - this book is written just great.If you are looking for a beautiful AND informative book, I would recommend The Book of Chocolate, piblished be Flammation. Suits for coffeetable and also as reference (history, different cultures etc.), one even cannot immagine pictures better then in this book.
Shelley Fields
@shelley-fields
01/06/10 12:02:02PM
9 posts
I am particularly fond of Mort Rosenblum's Chocolate: A Bittersweet Saga of Dark and Light. I have read a lot of chocolate books, candy books, cookbooks, old and new, and this one was my favorite. Not heavy in photos, but it gives a wide range of views on chocolate I have not found in other publications.
DovelyDeana
@dovelydeana
01/10/10 11:42:00PM
1 posts
I was going to suggest the Chocolates and Confections book as well.It is very well written, the pictures are wonderful and the recipes are easy to follow.
chocoasis
@chocoasis
01/11/10 01:03:43AM
5 posts
Chocolates and Confections is also one of my go-to reference books. Wonderful guide and easy to follow. Another one is Pierre Herme's Chocolate Desserts.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores