using ganache cutters

tienchiu
@tien-chiu
11/18/09 01:21:03PM
7 posts
Hi all,I just got a set of ganache cutters, but am wondering - do you bottom them before or after cutting the shape? And if you do it after cutting, how do you apply the chocolate? I was thinking of a small pastry brush, but can it be done with an icing spatula?Any other tips for working with ganache cutters?
updated by @tien-chiu: 05/05/15 08:06:42AM
Carol
@carol
11/18/09 01:50:59PM
24 posts
Hi,I have those cutters also.I treat the ganache slab the same way as if I were slicing it into squares.Prepare the ganache, bottom it and then cut.
Kerry
@kerry
11/18/09 09:23:27PM
288 posts
Like Carol says, bottom first, then cut. You can punch out about 3 centers before turning it upside down to remove the cut ganache. http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?/topic/95787-advanced-chocolate-class-with-jean-pierre-wybauw/page__view__findpost__p__1310386 Check out the picture about half way down the first post that show's Wybauw using the cutters.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
tienchiu
@tien-chiu
11/18/09 09:46:17PM
7 posts
Wonderful!! Thanks so much to both of you.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores