Custom Chocolate Molds

Brian Pelletier
@brian-pelletier
02/14/10 09:47:58AM
2 posts

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it.

I'm looking for some sources to create custom chocolate molds. I've done several with a company overseas which has been great -- I send them a jpg file, and then send back some digital treatments, and when it's finalized they make 50 molds and ship them to me.

The process takes only a few weeks, and works well and is reasonably priced, but I'd like to work with a US company if possible.

Anyone have any recommendations?

updated by @brian-pelletier: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Kerry
@kerry
02/14/10 07:46:18PM
288 posts
Try Tomric in Buffalo.Just out of curiosity - is the overseas company you are using making you polycarbonate molds or thermoformed?

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Brian Pelletier
@brian-pelletier
02/15/10 10:10:14AM
2 posts
Just simple thermoformed plastic. I'll check out Tomric -- love their catalog molds.
Richard Gricius
@richard-gricius
02/15/10 10:42:24AM
3 posts
There is the Chicago School of Mold Making ( chicagomoldschool.com ). They have a section on their site about custom work, although it is mostly silicone molds.
Wendy Buckner
@wendy-buckner
04/24/10 01:39:42PM
35 posts
Hey there Brian! I use this stuff to help with odd jobs. Knead-a-mold. I have had to use it for sculpture pieces and also if a customer wants a certain form made into chocolate. Last I used it for sculpting a chocolate hippo for someone...they had the shape they wanted, a small wooden carved hippo and then I made a 3-D mold from that form. It is so easy to use! It is a good thing to have on hand.Also, I know someone who has a vac-u-form machine and can make plastic molds from shapes. Let me know if you need their contact info! Both of these sources are in Chattanooga, TN...where I am from. If the link doesn't work for knead-a-mold...you can look it up at www.townsendatelier.com
Christina Durta2
@christina-durta2
04/30/13 09:45:57AM
8 posts

I have a website that is all about how to make custom chocolate molds if you want to learn more about how to do it yourself. See http://www.thechocolatemoldfactory.com/Make_Custom_Molds.html

Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
05/05/13 04:49:27AM
104 posts
Tomric, Micelli Mold co both do custom

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores