What happened to De Vries?

Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
03/25/10 12:00:41AM
53 posts
Anyone know what happened to De Vries chocolate? The website is down and I tried to email Steve, but no answer. I hope everything is okay.

updated by @matt-caputo: 04/10/15 02:21:11PM
Scott
@scott
03/25/10 12:23:59PM
44 posts
Steve DeVries appeared at a chocolate event in Dallas (along with Alan McClure of Patric) in late August, at which point his online portal was already indicating that no chocolate was available for retail sale. He appeared to still be in the business, despite the unavailability of retail product. He is also scheduled to do a presentation on chocolate next month in Washington, D.C., in conjunction with National Geographic.I'm reluctant to assume anything from the recent unavailability.
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
03/26/10 02:24:29PM
158 posts
I was told by a fellow chocolatier that Steve's mom has been having health issues, so he has suspended operations until further notice. Sadly, IIRC the illness is terminal.
Mark J Sciscenti
@mark-j-sciscenti
03/27/10 02:23:44AM
33 posts
I saw Steve in July last year up in Denver. Yes, his mother is ill. Steve also contracted a bug while down in Bolivia which he has been fighting since that trip in early '09, I think... maybe earlier then that. I do not know whether that has changed or if he is still fighting that. I am sorry to hear that his mother is so ill. Sorry Steve. Hope you are better though. -Mark
Scott
@scott
05/20/10 10:29:10AM
44 posts
Just updating this to note that DeVries did appear at the DC event last month.
Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
05/20/10 10:30:52AM
53 posts
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately no chocolate is for sale on his website.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores