Marketing and Promotion Advice

Chocomize
@chocomize
04/22/10 03:31:34PM
4 posts

Hey everyone! We recently founded Chocomize about a half year ago. Our whole idea is that people can go to our website, www.Chocomize.com , and design their ownpersonalized chocolate bars. They can pick from three types of Belgianchocolates, milk, dark, and white, and over 100 different ingredients. Ouringredients range from the usual like nuts and fruits, to the unusual like 23Karat gold flakes, candied rose petals, sea salt, and more. In addition, wedonate a portion of our proceeds to charity and the customer gets to pick whichcharity they want to donate too!

We are trying to reach out to get some advice. We are looking for a good way to increase our exposure. We think our chocolate barsare the best in the world because they are designed by YOU the customer. Cananyone recommend some good blogs that we could send samples to? Any other adviceyou might have for us? Would anyone who owns a candy store be interested incarrying our product? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Nick, Eric, and Fabian

updated by @chocomize: 04/16/15 11:40:03AM
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
04/23/10 01:06:11PM
158 posts
Send some bars to Emily Stone of Chocolate in Context . If your chocolate is top-notch and she likes your product, you will get a mention.However, my best results have been obtained through social networking sites, particularly Facebook. I started a Business Page in February, and through ads purchased on FB ($8/day advertising budget) plus my own connections, have almost 2,000 "fans." This translates into two or more daily sales (actual walk-ins) and many email and Wall inquiries.
Chocomize
@chocomize
04/26/10 09:51:45AM
4 posts
That's great! Thanks a lot for your advice. We will definitely try the facebook ads and check out the blog.
TammyJo Eckhart, PhD
@tammyjo-eckhart-phd
04/26/10 02:23:53PM
4 posts
I've had 63 chocolatiers and retailers send me their chocolate since I started The Chocolate Cult. We just hosted a contest to give away a hot chocolate maker last week in fact. While not many entered that contest (geographical limits on entering) we have a ton of hits. We get our biggest draw on Saturday for our "Sacraments". I'd be happy to talk to you more if you'd like to email me. We are booked on reviews until June currently but I'm happy to talk.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • one month ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores