Shows

Brad Payton
@brad-payton
04/27/10 10:39:32AM
13 posts
If I can only afford to go to one industry show a year which one is a can't miss? I want to see packaging, machines, molds, and talk with chocolate vendors. Is there a show that covers it all?
updated by @brad-payton: 04/10/15 12:56:24PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/27/10 11:38:20AM
1,680 posts
I think it's fair to say that the two chocolate industry-specific shows that best meet your description areThe annual Retail Confectioners International convention (this year in Lexington, KY in late June)andThe Philadelphia Candy Show (the next one is in mid-September).I personally can not help you decide which one is better for your needs.:: ClayPS. It's hard to take a confectionery industry show seriously when they misspell confectionery as confectionary.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Wendy Buckner
@wendy-buckner
05/04/10 01:23:44AM
35 posts
HA HA! That is great! I went to the Philadelphia Candy Show a few years ago before we opened our shop. It was ok. I did see a lot, and learn a lot... We saw tons of packaging and other manufacturers. I remember seeing Hilliard's Chocolate Systems, Savage Brothers, Callebaut, Guittard, Cargill, Tomric, etc... Lots of samples... It was a good place to go to familiarize ourselves with other companies out there. I would like to try the Retail Confectioners International Convention... but I am sure that which ever one you decide to go to...you will see lots and get some great info. and ideas. Try to look at the list of vendors to see who will be there this year. That may help you decide. ~Wendy

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores