chocolates won't release from new moulds

Joanne Gaither2
@joanne-gaither2
03/12/11 08:42:37AM
4 posts

I am sure this is a horror story that has been discussed many times over - but it is a first for me.... And, I woke up this morning - and the problem still hasn't worked itself out.

The details: I tempered dark chocolate last night. Filled a brand new polycarb mould (just arrived yesterday from TOMRIC) with tempered chocolate. This is my first time ever using polycarb moulds (so - I may actually be the problem, not the mould.) I set the mould in a 68F room with a light flow from a fan across the mould. After 10 minutes, I put the mould in the refrigerator. After 20 minutes the choc wouldn't release - so in desperation I put mould in freezer. Checking every 10 minutes - still no release. I gave up after 30 minutesand put the mould in the refrigerator for overnight. This morning - still no release and my husband suggested tapping gently with a blow hammer to the bottom. HELP.

updated by @joanne-gaither2: 04/17/15 02:32:26AM
Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
03/12/11 12:46:22PM
527 posts

I was under the impression that Tomric offered nothing but thermoformed molds, and not polycarbonate. I could be wrong.

Regardless, I suspect the challenge is that your chocolate wasn't properly tempered.

Did you test for temper before molding? I highly recommend this for people just getting started in working with chocolate.

Can you post a picture of the mold?

Clay Gordon
@clay
03/12/11 05:49:59PM
1,680 posts

This discussion was (for some reason) continued here .

This discussion has been closed to further comments. Please add any comments to the new discussion.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores