Alcoholic chocolates and candies

Lee
@lee
04/25/11 11:39:12AM
1 posts

Hey folks, greetings from London!

I'm a cocktail bartender in London and I'm looking to serve some chocolates or candies alongside 4 or 5 of my cocktails. The idea is, that the candies will have very similar flavours to the cocktail, but they'll be in solid form. The idea is for them to also have an alcohol content, even if its only a weak alcohol content. I have one idea already, to create an alcoholic jelly and fill a dark chocolate truffle cup with it. But I need more ideas, anything from fudge to caramel to hard boiled sweets to chocolates, anything that will fit the specifications, i.e. an alcohol content! Hope you guysare able to help withsome creative ideas...

updated by @lee: 04/16/15 09:11:48AM
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
05/01/11 02:33:09PM
104 posts
I don't think you have to have alcohol in chocolate to pair with a drink. ONe of my most requested cocktail party truffles is a raspberry basil dusted with parmesan cheese. Blue or goat cheesetruffles are also great with wine or a martini.
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
05/10/11 08:31:35AM
86 posts
u can do a pina colada filling. white chocolate ganache, pineapple roasted coconuts and some coconut milk or flavoring
Kerry
@kerry
05/21/11 10:02:41PM
288 posts
I make both pates de fruit in mixed drink flavours and also fillings for chocolates the same way. One of my favourite fillings is the Smoke 'n Choke that I based on a drink I had at Manifesto in Kansas City.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • one month ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores