What is the best flooring for a Chocolate Factory?

Al Garnsworthy
@al-garnsworthy
12/21/11 04:24:19PM
22 posts

We are currently looking to replace the flooring in our factory - now the question I have, is what is the best flooring for a chocolate factory?

Tiles? Vinyl?

Any advice on what is durable, and is easy to keep clean would be much appreciated.

updated by @al-garnsworthy: 04/11/15 02:22:54PM
Sebastian
@sebastian
12/22/11 06:59:35AM
754 posts

Depends a bit on your factory, i suppose. Generally speaking I like acid brick for floors and dairy tile for walls. It's very easy to clean, can support a lot of pressure if you've got heavy equipment, and is pretty durable should you drop something on it.

Stu Jordan
@stu-jordan
12/25/11 08:25:57PM
37 posts
We are in the process of converting an industrial building into a chocolate factory. Flooring in NZ for food premises is fairly strict. I have been considering an epoxy resin to go over the concrete floor. Still waiting on quotes for vinyl to compare but epoxy resin would be suitable for us regardless.Let us know what you decideStu

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores