Traveling with truffles

Kathryn James
@kathryn-james
02/16/12 07:22:56PM
11 posts

We're visiting family and friends this weekend and both a visit to the TSA website and a phone call are not leaving me any clearer on how I should packge the truffles I'm planning to bring along for the least amount of fuss. Does anyone have a recent experience to share?

updated by @kathryn-james: 05/05/15 06:06:24AM
Susan Van Horn
@susan-van-horn
02/16/12 07:31:12PM
32 posts

I've made the trip from LA to Vermont and as long as you are willing to send them through the x-ray machine, you should be fine. Just make sure you don't seal them up in case they want to look at them to make sure they aren't a WMD! :-) Have a great trip!

Kathryn James
@kathryn-james
02/16/12 08:44:42PM
11 posts
Thank you! It's either going to be Tupperware, Ziploc bags, or some combination thereof.I thought there really should be a meaning of WMD that applies to truffles and I finally came up with Waistline Mass Distender...but only if they're eaten to excess ;)
Susan Van Horn
@susan-van-horn
02/17/12 11:21:00AM
32 posts

HaHa! Love it! That would certainly qualify in my part of the woods!

Kathryn James
@kathryn-james
02/17/12 02:39:18PM
11 posts
Ok, made it through security. Definitely need a better transport solution...they're tumbling about in the container!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores