Going Organic

Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
06/16/12 03:21:02AM
86 posts

Good Day,

I've been doing some research on organicsemi finished products. Organic cocoa liquor, butter,sugar and milk.Because I am located in the middle east, I have contacted European suppliers: Pronatec and tradin organic. Still waiting for their answer to provide mewith the cost of each ingredient. What I'd love to know from the experts in this field is, what is on average the cost of organic cocoa butter/liquor and what/who do you prefer working with? I'd love to hear your opinionabout this and perhaps anyone can recommend a different supplier I do not know about.

Thank you,

O

updated by @omar-forastero: 05/01/15 05:28:21AM
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
06/19/12 08:55:14AM
86 posts

anyone?

antonino allegra
@antonino-allegra
06/19/12 03:20:13PM
143 posts

Hi Omar,

I'm a chocolate Maker from italy living in South Africa. We have started a year ago an organic Chocolate Factory bean to bar.

We haven't look at difference between organic and non organic beans and product but we believe that at the high end of the quality (A+ and so ) the price differences is minimal.

We buy from TradingOrganic all our ingredients, but we are looking at Pronatec as well.

If someone knows other trading company that deal with Organic (any part of the world) we would like to know them.

Trading organic has a good range of products and quality, it is however very hard to get detailed info from them like:

origin -(farms, area etc)

Variety- criollo etc)

Quality etc..

They are very slow on answering your request BUT if by mistake you own them 1 dollar they will harass you with a million of emails. It happen to us, they told us to pay a certain amount and then once they found out that THEY did a mistake, i received a gazillion of emails from 3 or 4 different people.

Unfortunately there is not many trading company dealing with Organic, so they abuse their power....

We still deal with them, but i would be very happy to find another supplier...

Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
06/20/12 01:23:24AM
86 posts

Hey Antonio,

Thank you very much for your input. I as well have contacted Goin Organic, Pronatec and Mapryser last week. Goin Organic were the first to reply actually. It's good to know you are happy with their products especially that they provide all necessary ingredients for chocolate(i.e organic milk,sugar...) so i'm guessing it is easier to deal with one supplier hence one shipment/one person to harrass or to be harrassed...

Are you happy with Tradin Organic? Anything to look out for?

Thanks again,

Omar

antonino allegra
@antonino-allegra
06/20/12 02:26:28AM
143 posts

Hi Omar,

you are welcome! We haven't tried any one else, so it is difficult to say if they are better or worst than others.

It just Takes soo long to get some information, price list and everything organized.

MAKE SURE that before importing you have all the documentation required by your country to import goods.

They will not help yo with it. If you order a product that needs special permit (eg: milk powder, sugar) they will not tell you that and you will be stuck at custom with no way to recover your goods. Choose a very good shipping company (if you like i can give you my contact, they are based world wide) otherwise you will end up spending a fortune and not see the stock!!

Importing, shipping is a b.... i actually went for a course to understand it!

Best of luck and you know you can contact me if you need some advice..

Keep posting your results with the search!!!

Cheers

Antonino

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores