Versatile Confectionery Kitchen Multi-Tasker

Clay Gordon
@clay
06/26/12 10:28:55AM
1,680 posts

I am always interested in small, inexpensive multi-tasking tools for the home and professional confectionery kitchen. This is one I ran across the other day that I added to my shopping wish list.

For those of you with a Chocovision Rev 1 or 2 or ACMC, you know that the melting cycle of the tempering process can be quite lengthy. It's useful to pre-melt the chocolate before adding it to the bowl, but paying attention to process and getting it at the right temp at the right time can be time consuming.

That's where this little device - the Brd & Taylor Proofer - comes in handy.

Originally designed for proofing bread, it provides a small, portable, self-contained, temperature-controlled environment . Place a bowl of chocolate into the cavity (I read that a 5qt KitchenAid bowl fits handily), set the temp for 108-112F, and walk away.

It also works as a bread proofer (there's a water reservoir for humidity - when you're working with chocolate you obviously want it dry), plus you can use it as a yogurt maker. If you've got bottles of colored cocoa butter you want to keep melted at a precise temperature (that you can set) then this device will serve that purpose, too.

I can think of lots of places where I want to regulate temperature precisely (anywhere between 70 and 120F!) in an inexpensive portable device I can keep close at hand. For many people I can see this quickly becoming a kitchen staple.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 04/10/15 04:06:19AM
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
06/27/12 02:06:52AM
86 posts

thanks for sharing Clay. Interesting!

Edward J
@edward-j
06/27/12 02:23:27AM
51 posts

I use an electric blanket for the same purpose. $20.00 for the 'basic" model, "low", "med" and "high" settings. "med" works pretty good for around 34 C

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • one month ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores