Newbie home maker

Danelle Dehne
@danelle-dehne
06/28/12 02:24:30AM
4 posts

I am a new chocolate re-melter :) I have successfully tempered
chocolate using the heat-cool/seed-heat method, but I have young kids so having
uninterrupted time to do it right is not something I normally have. Due to that,
I was looking at different small scaletempering machines to give me more leeway. I was
leaning away from the chocovisions because the reviews were really mixed and leaning toward not to positive. I saw good reviews for the ACMC but it's a bit spendy for a newbie/hobbiest.

Has anyone had any experience with the Chocolatedude's machine? It claims it works like the
ACMC but is much more affordable. The only thing I found was a few old discussions
from to 2009 but I am assuming he's improved since then? Anyone have any idea??
http://chocolatedude.net/
Any input is helpful!! ;D Thanks!!

updated by @danelle-dehne: 05/01/15 11:24:06AM
Jenny Bunker
@jenny-bunker
06/28/12 04:22:25PM
10 posts

I was in the same boat as you when I began. I started with the REV2 and quickly outgrew it. I liked the machine and had no problems with it, but it was super noisy. That is a problem as I have 3 small children. I upgraded to the ACMC a couple years ago. It holds more chocolate and is not as noisy. It is still a bit loud, but not as bad as the REV2. I have outgrown the ACMC now as well and I am looking to upgrade again. Sorry I can't help you with the chocolatedude temperer. Just thought I would give you my experience with the other 2 you mentioned.

Danelle Dehne
@danelle-dehne
06/28/12 04:43:00PM
4 posts

I appreciate it! :) When you upgrade are you looking to sell your used ACMC by chance?

Jenny Bunker
@jenny-bunker
06/28/12 04:56:24PM
10 posts

Yeah, I plan on buying something in August. Not sure if that is too long to wait, but I would give you first dibs if you were still interested. You can e-mail me at jenny@jbchocolatier.com so I have your info to contact you when I am ready to sell it.

Danelle Dehne
@danelle-dehne
06/28/12 06:03:27PM
4 posts

HA! i'm sure I won't have time to deal with it until at least then!! I'd love to find out what you want for it and things! I'll email you!

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
06/28/12 07:16:11PM
194 posts

I was asked to run a beta version several years ago. At the time, I owned a Hilliard 80# and an ACMC. The chocolate dude is an ok machine. They didn't use it as a melter, only a temperer. I made several suggestions, and am not sure if they used any of them. I suggested a lid, and either finger holds cut in the sides or pull handles installed so you could grab it and move when you needed to. I think it is better for hand dipping than for molds. It is just a knock-off of the Hilliard design once their patent ran out. I think it would do the same job as a Rev or ACMC. I just prefer the Savage better.

Danelle Dehne
@danelle-dehne
06/29/12 12:14:24AM
4 posts

Dumb question-what's the Savage??

Thanks for your input!! That's what I'm curious of-Since I'm such a newbie I want to get decent stuff but not have to take out a 2nd morgage on my house for what's currently a hobby (Yes-I'd love to take it farther but I have to start somewhere! :) )

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores