Trends from the World's Top Chocolate Artisans

Jeff
@jeff
05/07/08 09:06:09AM
94 posts
Tuesday, May 20th at the All Candy Expo in Chiciago 3:30pmPanelists: Michael Antonorsi, Chuao Chocolatier Master Chef and Elaine Gonzalez, Master Chocolatier Emerita, and Jeff Shepherd, Chocolatier and Organic farmer of Lillie Belle Farms Hand Made ChocolatesJoin our panel of top chocolate artisans for a delicious afternoon Hot Chocolate drink and a look at the hottest new trends in gourmet chocolates relating to consumers, flavors, products, points of distribution, sales and markets.
updated by @jeff: 04/11/15 01:48:08AM
Clay Gordon
@clay
05/07/08 10:18:43AM
1,680 posts
To everyone who is going to be there from those of us who aren't, please take photos and/or videos, post comments and the like.Thanks,:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Jeff
@jeff
05/07/08 11:11:20AM
94 posts
Looking forward to meeting you gwen. This is very last minute but i am honored to have been chosen as a "trendsetter". My friend "paul" from chefrubber is the moderator; should be fairly lively.nothing like an all expense paid 48 hour journey to chicago.
Jeff
@jeff
05/07/08 11:39:49AM
94 posts
so you wanna go drinking with the big boys do ya?well well well......I must warn you my chicago crew has nefarious ways and means and we often watch the sunrise from atop the sears tower after an all night binge.....of chocolate, or course...
Irma Wiese
@irma-wiese
05/08/08 08:56:26AM
6 posts
Jeff and Gwen,I'll be at the All Candy Expo as well. This will be my first time. I'm new to the business. Maybe I'll join you for a drink or two!!
Jeff
@jeff
05/26/08 12:10:58PM
94 posts
Well that was fast and furious. It was nice to meet you gwen. I am not sure we accomplished a damn thing in 45 minutes but we gave it a good shot.
cybele
@cybele
05/26/08 12:16:29PM
37 posts
Can someone post a synopsis or notes from the session?
Jeff
@jeff
05/26/08 12:45:56PM
94 posts
A lot of people were scribbling hard cybele.we did, however touch upon many subjects. My favorites being the edumacation of the american palate in regards to finer chocolate, the inherent retailer/producer struggle of shelf life for finer chocolates, the incredibly high and rising cost of basic ingredients and shipping, and the Mass vs. Artisan approach.....gwen would probably have a better handle on what was actually said ....my memory is shot
Irma Wiese
@irma-wiese
05/26/08 12:57:32PM
6 posts
Hi Jeff,It was a very informative session, although short and fast. Sorry, I was in a hurry to beat the Chicago traffic going home, I did not have the time to introduce myself to you. I hope you enjoyed your stay in Chicago.Irma

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores