What happened to De Vries?

Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
03/24/10 22:00:41
53 posts
Anyone know what happened to De Vries chocolate? The website is down and I tried to email Steve, but no answer. I hope everything is okay.

updated by @matt-caputo: 04/10/15 12:21:11
Scott
@scott
03/25/10 10:23:59
44 posts
Steve DeVries appeared at a chocolate event in Dallas (along with Alan McClure of Patric) in late August, at which point his online portal was already indicating that no chocolate was available for retail sale. He appeared to still be in the business, despite the unavailability of retail product. He is also scheduled to do a presentation on chocolate next month in Washington, D.C., in conjunction with National Geographic.I'm reluctant to assume anything from the recent unavailability.
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
03/26/10 12:24:29
158 posts
I was told by a fellow chocolatier that Steve's mom has been having health issues, so he has suspended operations until further notice. Sadly, IIRC the illness is terminal.
Mark J Sciscenti
@mark-j-sciscenti
03/27/10 00:23:44
33 posts
I saw Steve in July last year up in Denver. Yes, his mother is ill. Steve also contracted a bug while down in Bolivia which he has been fighting since that trip in early '09, I think... maybe earlier then that. I do not know whether that has changed or if he is still fighting that. I am sorry to hear that his mother is so ill. Sorry Steve. Hope you are better though. -Mark
Scott
@scott
05/20/10 08:29:10
44 posts
Just updating this to note that DeVries did appear at the DC event last month.
Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
05/20/10 08:30:52
53 posts
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately no chocolate is for sale on his website.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.