recipe

Esther L. Greenberger2
@esther-l-greenberger2
07/14/13 12:27:00AM
13 posts

Does any have a good recipe for making nondairy caramels that you could also dip in chocolate?

updated by @esther-l-greenberger2: 04/11/15 11:23:33AM
Kerry
@kerry
07/14/13 10:20:21PM
288 posts

Haven't tried it but this looks to have potential - http://www.adventuresofaglutenfreemom.com/2010/11/handcrafted-dairycasein-free-chewy-caramels/

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
lailalauren
@lailalauren
04/04/17 01:11:08AM
23 posts

Author: Lisa Bryan - Downshiftology.com

Serves: 1 cup

INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
  2. Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature, keeping the sauce at a light simmer.
  3. Simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. As the sauce reaches the last 5-8 minutes of cooking time, stir more frequently incorporating the more caramel burned bits from the bottom into the sauce. This helps to flavor it! Once the sauce has turned a dark amber and has thickened to coat the back of a spoon, remove from the heat.
  4. Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
  5. Serve the sauce warm or refrigerate in a sealed glass jar for up to two weeks. If refrigerating, leave on the counter for 10 minutes to cool, stir again, then refrigerate.

found one on the internet hope you'll give it a try soon

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores