Making Truffles

Donny Gagliardi
@donny-gagliardi
12/26/12 12:38:51AM
25 posts

Hello all,

hope everyone is having a great holiday!

I have a question regarding truffle making. To my understanding, once you have made your ganache/filling, you are supposed to refridgerate, then take out to form balls, then refridgerate or freeze. After the balls have been chilled, you are then supposed to dip into your tempered chocolate.

My question is will the chilled or frozen ganache throw off the temper? Ive read many posts advising against refridgerating tempered chocolate as it is more likely to bloom on account of the moisture. Would it be better to let the formed balls rise to room temp before dipping into chocolate?

updated by @donny-gagliardi: 04/20/15 03:05:34PM
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
12/26/12 07:49:09PM
104 posts

Most people make a ganache and let it sit overnight to crystallize without refrigeration.You can roll it the next day. If chocolate centers are dipped cold they will crack. There are many great books, ecole chocolat or chocolate academy classes on proper chocolate making. Not sure where you got your initial concepts on refrigeration or freezing but sounds like you need a basic course.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores