Warped white chocolate bars

Francis Murchison
@francis-murchison
08/06/14 12:43:02PM
18 posts

Hello,

I recently finished a batch of white chocolate which I finished and hand tempered, then molded in combination with cocoa nibs and a couple other flavors. Some of the bars came out warped lengthways. These are small 40g bars. Any thoughts on why this occurred and how to avoid it?

updated by @francis-murchison: 04/20/15 06:01:14PM
Sebastian
@sebastian
08/06/14 05:34:40PM
754 posts

Not a whole lot of info to go on, but assuming you're using real chocolate and not adding any funky fats/oil, i'd suspect whatever cooling setup you used was too cold, resulting in the ends cooling quickly and before the middle did. when things cool, they contract, thus if your ends begin contracting before your middle - you get curvature. simply a guess.

Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
08/07/14 10:10:36AM
92 posts
I had the same thought as Sebastian about the cooling causing the curvature. In addition, I was thinking your inclusions might have something to do with it as well. Are you using a lot of nibs or other inclusions? Maybe try cutting back on the amount just a bit to see if that helps. The inclusions might be affecting how the chocolate acts as it contracts causing it to curve.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores