Couverture suitable for India climate

Arti Jain
@arti-jain
11/19/14 06:33:41AM
4 posts

Hi,

Please help me in understanding wheather couverture chocolate is suitable for Indian climate ?When it will be sent across at various places through courier will it be able to withstand the Indian heat ?What should be done to avoid any sort of mishap with Couverture chocolates so nthat they can be sent at various places without any loss of their original form ???

updated by @arti-jain: 04/10/15 04:59:53PM
Chocolique - Australia
@chocolique-australia
11/24/14 04:29:18PM
2 posts

Hi, I think that there is no such thing as chocolate that is weather (heat) resistant. Couverture chocolate is a quality chocolate which is high in cacao butter. Cacao butter melts just under body temperature. That is one of it's characteristics. This characteristic ensures a superior mouth feel to the chocolate...

So this is why couverture is superior to compound chocolate (often with palm oil, with a slightly higher melting point)

If well tempered the high cacao butter contents, gives the chocolate a nice sheen and snap.

If you know this than a weather proof couverture chocolate sounds like a contradiction.

Cheers

Karel

Arti Jain
@arti-jain
11/24/14 10:39:54PM
4 posts
Hi Karel,Thanx for replying my only concern is how do u ensure that when you are sending these chocolates from one city to another through courier they don't loose their shape,you are from Australia where again during summers temperatures are high what do you do do that they get transported safely ....Arti.
Balpreet Singh
@balpreet-singh
08/23/15 07:03:59AM
23 posts

use suitable packaging like ice packs along your packing within thermocol boxes.

Sebastian
@sebastian
08/23/15 03:47:21PM
754 posts

Chocolique - Australia:
Hi, I think that there is no such thing as chocolate that is weather (heat) resistant. Couverture chocolate is a quality chocolate which is high in cacao butter. Cacao butter melts just under body temperature. That is one of it's characteristics. This characteristic ensures a superior mouth feel to the chocolate...So this is why couverture is superior to compound chocolate (often with palm oil, with a slightly higher melting point)If well tempered the high cacao butter contents, gives the chocolate a nice sheen and snap.If you know this than a weather proof couverture chocolate sounds like a contradiction.CheersKarel

There actually is - there're a number of patents on it, and major companies are using it in india as we speak.  The issue for you is that, as a small buyer of chocolate, you're not going to have access to any of these.  Appropriately packaged product will be your friend, but that's only half of your battle - for as you well know the thousands of shopes that your courrier will delivery to will also not be 'thermally attractive' to your chocolate - so ensuring it arrives to them in good condition will be your first (solvable) issue - the next(and harder one) will be what to do once it arrives to them....

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores