Sugar in Ganache

Angel2
@angel2
07/11/11 12:47:21PM
3 posts

Hi,

I am new to chocolate but I love it!! I made a 2:1 ganache (70% chocolate and 35% cream) and I added some granulated sugar to it and now my ganache has undissolved sugar granules. How can I correct this? any help is appreciated.

updated by @angel2: 06/05/15 08:02:43AM
Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
07/11/11 05:52:21PM
527 posts

That depends on how much sugar you added.

Sugar won't dissolve in chocolate, and if you added as much sugar as cream, you're pretty much out of luck. My suggestion would be to melt it all down and use a hand mixer to dissolve the sugar. It will incorporate air into the mix as it cools and solidifies, but you can remelt it again and stir the air out and let it set.

In the future, dissolve the sugar in the cream first.

Cheers.

Brad

Richard Foley
@richard-foley
07/31/11 01:24:37AM
48 posts
If you want more sugar, use a 50 to 60 % chocolate instead, simple. You can't add granulated sugar to ganache. Also careful of other ingredients that contain moisture or water, as water is also an enemy to chocolate.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores